10.16.2008

I Want To Ride My Bicycle, I Want To Ride My Bike


Our car is still at the shop. It seems like we have been waiting forever to hear if it will need a new transmission or if the mechanic will be able to fix it. I made the mistake of calling 4 days after it'd been there and the mechanic wasn't too happy about it. But it'd tuned out they hadn't even taken a look at it and wouldn't until day 6. Why couldn't we just have taken it in then??? But he has agreed to give us a really good deal compared to the other mechanics so I guess it's all on his terms and we'll just have to be happy we're getting a deal. It's been 10 days now we've only had one car so we've gotten creative. Since Rob works in SLC he has first dibs on the car. So in the mornings we load my bike (it's actually my sisters and 11yrs old.) in the car, it doesn't quite fit in the back seat so we drive 15 min with the back windows down (it's actually been pretty chilly lately). Then we unload the bike and Rob continues to SLC. After work I ride my bike. Today was an extra exhausting day. I had a dentist appointment at 4pm so I rode a couple of miles up the rode to the office and then back to work. Then at 5pm I rode about 4 miles to my aerobics class, worked out for an hour, and then rode the rest of the way home.

6 comments:

  1. You are so awesome! But is it cold there yet? Hopefully the car will get fixed before you have to be riding around in the freezing cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll soon have the buns of steel you've always wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stinks about your car! And no wonder you stay thin. You rode your bike 10 miles and worked out for an hour. Now that's devotion! Our car just broke down today so I have a feeling we have bikes in our future too. Stinks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rob, I am so glad you have a blog and didnt tell me about it. Looks like you guys are having lots of fun. Let us know when you are ever in AZ so that we can all get together. It would be great to see you and meet your wife.-Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow--you're going to have the buffest legs ever. You'll be biking with Shane soon! By the way, you've been tagged!--check out my blog for the instructions, and if you've already done it, feel free to ignore it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! You don't have to ride your bike anymore!

    ReplyDelete