1.24.2009

Teed off

When I married Rob I married in to an Xbox. I've always felt so lucky that he's not consumed by spending every extra minute playing (I don't mean to offend anyone or any one's husband who does, but I've heard some pretty crazy things). In fact, I can count the number of times he's played the Xbox in the past year and a half on my two hands... with the exception of this past week. Reading about and watching sports is a completely different story. Anyway, last week Rob and I found ourselves in Joanne's Fabric. As much as Rob loves to hang out with me and look though all the pattern books and fabric I suggested he'd be happier next door at FYE. I knew I'd be a while when I realized that patterns were on sale for $.99. Not long into my pattern shopping I got a phone call from Rob asking if he could buy a previously used Xbox game for 5 bucks. I thought it was okay, especially since I knew I'd be in Joanne's a lot longer (when you know close to nothing about sewing and fabric things take a lot longer). When I'd finished and we left I found out that he'd bought a golf game. Seriously how can a golf video game be much fun. Well apparently it's pretty amazing. Rob's spent quite a bit of time on it lately. Today for example. I woke up early to get a little grocery shopping in before I went to my aerobics class. Rob got up and played golf. After my class I went to another grocery store. 30 minutes into shopping I called Rob to asked about ingredients in a recipe. When I asked what he was doing he replied, "I'm playing golf." When I came home and put the groceries away and spent a hour making Thai chicken cashew he was playing golf. After lunch and as I write I can hear the commentators and cheers from the game and the clicking of the controller. I didn't realize when I okay'd the purchase of a golf video game I was giving my time with my husband away too.

4 comments:

  1. Ha. You never know what's going to suck a guy in. I've sworn I'll never get Jason a gaming system (I made this vow before they came out with the Wii), because I know he'd find something he wouldn't be able to break away from.

    How'd you get soda for $0.03?? That's AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I let Jake buy a new XBox this year and I was secretly so worried all he would want to do is play it but he has been good about only playing when everything else is done and I am so grateful because yeah, I have heard crazy stories, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be so mad too. Just be glad that you don't have kids or you would be stuck caring for them by yourself. Hopefully the fun will fade soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is why we haven't bought a wii yet. All Consuming!!

    ReplyDelete