4.25.2009

4 is more than enough


I 'tried' to go to Arizona last week, but Mother Nature wasn't so helpful. 4 Mother Nature mess ups...

1 SNOW- Who would of thought April 15th would bring 6 in of snow. When I left the office, the parking lot was was full of slush and my car was completely hidden under a blanket of white. I really wanted to get a picture, but since my thread bare shoes were soaking up water like a sponge and my camera was packed in my luggage, in the trunk, under the snow it was too much of a hassle so I just bagged it.

2. AIRPLANE- Initially I thought we messed up boarding the first time, b/c once we were all on board, seated, buckled, and attentively waiting for the flight attendants "disaster skit" we were instead informed to exit the plane, wait an hour, and try again. We all eyed each other wondering who messed up. How hard is it to line up as A, B, or C and then in order from 1-60 with 180 people in a small confined area each with 1 carry-on bag and a personal item. "Come on!" (Just imagine those two words in Gob's voice... for those of you who love Arrested Development). We were later told we boarded the plane perfectly fine the first time, but the 'air' in Arizona was a little riled up.

3. WIND- Thank you Phoenix for no SNOW! We could have done w/o the WIND though... and the hour wait.

4. Black Samso'night'- Deboarding the plane in SLC caused a little luggage confusion, b/c when I exited the aircraft in AZ I was pretty sure I was grabbing my own little black suitcase. I mean, I grabbed the case from the exact spot I put it.


Dear "No Name", Thank you for grabbing my bag too and realizing before you left the airport that you had my bag. Sorry for keeping your bag overnight. And by the way "No Name" you really should put your name on your bag.


I think Greg Focker summed it up well when said, "Yeah, you gave me the wrong suitcase. Uh-huh. Yes, it's a black Samsonite. Uh-huh. Ok, well don't you think that the Samsonite people, in some crazy scheme in order to make a profit, MADE MORE THAN ONE BLACK SUITCASE?"
-Heather

3 comments:

  1. Were you here when you called me?? Next time, just come over. Ha.

    Good thing you didn't book your flights in reverse... I hear that's a real (expensive) pain to sort out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again I'm sorry you had so many issues getting there. Flying is such a pain. Are you going to put up pictures of Arizona? I want to see what you did while you were there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you came all the way here and didnt even call? Next time you better !!! glad you had a safe eventful trip:)

    ReplyDelete