12.15.2009

2009 Christmas Letter & Card

Family and Friends,
As I was trying to figure out what to say to my family and friends to sum up what happened this year with Heather and me, our blog says it all. But here's the reader's digest version of the last year. First things first. Because I like to work chronologically and according to importance, the first thing I would like to mention is my Arizona Cardinals. Some thought they might be the worst team ever to make the playoff, but they ended up making it all the way to the Super Bowl. Yes, they lost in the last seconds, but I couldn't be more proud of the once lowly Cards getting to the big game (Heather will probably edit this part out). Now that we have our obligatory sports mention out of the way, on with our year.
Heather has done an incredible job this year of couponing and budgeting so we can survive a couple of lost jobs (one for me and one for Heather) and still put gas in our bellies and food in our car (I think I mixed those up). Sometimes she goes overboard and we get a bunch of one products because she just can't pass up a good deal. A microcosm of this would be the grocery bag full of cough drops that are sitting in our storage closet. So if you need some Ricolas, Vicks or Halls, you know where to go.
Last year we lived in a small apartment on Center Street in Provo. While I was at BYU looking at the BIG BOARD (It was Craigslist before Craig put it online), I saw a great deal for a TV. It was a 51 inch MONSTER that was listed because someone was moving out of state and needed to sell it. So we got a great deal and bought it. There was only one problem. It didn't fit in our apartment. So that was good enough reason for us to get a bigger place. We found a nice apartment in Orem that fits our TV and our family. It was a good thing that we found a bigger bungalow because right around the time we were moving, we won and elliptical. For all those who think that it was luck, it was not. We won it though a contest in which we named a robot that was working out on an elliptical as part of a promotion for an exercise equipment store (I knew my education at BYU would pay off someday). We named him Ellipticus. So, we are filling up our once spacious apartment till we have to move again.
One of the highlights of the year was when we drove back East to see the country, visit family, and show Heather my mission. I served in the mistake by the lake, aka Cleveland, Ohio. There was a ton of Church History sites for me and photo ops for Heather, and we had a really fun time. Our day at Cedar Point was good but we were hoping for great (It's the greatest amusement park in the entire world if you like expensive tickets, long lines, and overpriced food). We also got to stay with Heather's family and friends in Cokyohin (There's a little riddle in that word... Can you figure it out?).
I have been studying for the LSAT for the last few months, working in Salt Lake and watching a good movie with Heather whenever I get a chance. Heather always has something on her "to-do" list she is looking to accomplish and never misses a good deal. She is currently looking for a job, but in the meantime, she is filling her life with photography. (She is quite good). She took this picture and even designed the card herself. We appreciate all our family and friends and we want to wish you an especially Happy Christmas and Merry New Year.
Rob and Heather Williams
Christmas 2009


P.S. The answer to the riddle is Colorado (CO), Kentucky (KY), Ohio (OH), and (IN). Cough drops for anyone who got that without cheating.
P.S.S. Update. Heather now has a job... she didn't when this letter was written.

No comments:

Post a Comment