12.19.2009

My Luck is Running Out


I know I am a pretty lucky person. When I was five, our family won a car at Disneyland. When I was around 10-years-old, I won a bike at a Pinewood Derby. A couple years ago I married Heather. And last year, we won a elliptical (although, that was all skill). Yesterday when I came home there was a scratch-and-win paper that Heather's parents had dropped off for her. Since Heather was at work, and I can't resist a good scratch-and-win, I decided to start scratching. When I saw the number matched the number on the page, I thought that everyone was a winner, like when I was in Tee ball. But I started reading the small print and it said that the odds of winning the first place prize were 1 in 10,000 and that prize was only a $100 gift certificate. There was a grand prize of $20,000 in holiday cash. I then looked at the very bottom and it said that it had expired a week ago. Hopefully my luck hasn't run out.

2 comments:

  1. HA HA---i hope it hasnt run out either:)! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Expiration dates have ruined too many days for me.

    ReplyDelete