12.02.2009

Thanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving with my brother Shane's family. I took their family photos that morning and then in the afternoon we had dinner. The food was delicious. In the evening more of my family, who also live in Roosevelt, came over for pie. It's always nice to be with family. Too bad Rob had to head back to Orem that afternoon so he could be at work bright and early the next day. (Go here to see more of their photos)
As much as I love deals I hate crowded stores, lines, traffic, cold weather, crazy people... you know everything that comes with Black Friday. I wanted far away from the madness. I didn't do any shopping that day. Rob on the other hand, surprised me by heading out early before work to see if he could snag a few deals for Christmas presents. He's no pro at Black Friday so he didn't get hardly anything on his list. But I did see a ginormo wrapped gift under the tree.
Speaking of Christmas trees. We have one... for the first time. We picked up a bunch of decorations at Tai Pan last year after Christmas for 75% off and just got an awesome deal on a tree. Thanks be to my friend Julie who sold us one of hers. Here it is... Friday afternoon was chocolate dipping. My mom has made hand-dipped chocolates every year for as long as I can remember. She decided to share her knowledge with her kids and grand kids so we got together and dipped. I made some myself last year, but learned some new tricks from my mom.Just before I headed back to Orem I took more photos for Tiffany. She really wanted to do family photos, but her boys got really sick so it was just her and her hubby. Here's one of my favorites but you can see more here.

1 comment: