1.24.2010

Why do I hate winter?

Hmmm let me count the ways...
  1. It's COLD! Really cold!
  2. It's wet.
  3. My hands dry out, crack, bleed, and hurt.
  4. The inversion. It's so disgusting. I feel like I'm back in China again with all the pollution.
  5. Driving in the snow is less than desirable. Dangerous too.
  6. I have to scape and defrost car windows.
  7. It takes longer to get anywhere.
  8. It's COLD!
  9. My feet are always getting wet... especially since I've worn holes into most of my shoes.
  10. I can't wear shorts, tees, and flip flops.
  11. It's dark. Dark in the morning, dark in the evening.
  12. There's too many cloudy days. I love the sun and it just doesn't shine enough in the winter.
  13. It gives me seasonal depression.
  14. I love being outside, but not in the winter.
  15. It usually ugly. The snow turns brown next to the road. The trees are dead. Everything is dead.
  16. There's too much football on. Rob can't get enough of it and I can't get enough of Rob.
  17. It brings out my cold sores.
  18. It makes my lips dry out and peel.
  19. Ice Ice Baby. Duh...duh...duh...duh...dut.dut.dut.nuh...

The few reasons that help me survive the winter are:

  1. Sweaters.
  2. Cuddling with Rob.
  3. Fireplaces.
  4. Snow Patrol.
  5. The Bachelor's on, along with The Office, The Biggest Loser, Park and Rec, 30 Rock, Modern Family... you get the idea.
  6. Hot showers.
  7. And days like these...
You can see the rest of my winter photos here . They're beautiful... I promise.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing photos. Those are really beautiful. I'd put those framed in my house somewhere.

    ReplyDelete