8.15.2010

Week 25

Here's my baby bump at week 25. She's definitely growing... along with the scale. Being pregnant is certainly a life change. I've always loved the way pregnant people look. They may feel differently about it, but I've always loved their tummies. Now that my own tummy is protruding so much, I look at skinny people and feel a little jealous. I honestly can't remember what my stomach looked like 6 months ago. It's sad to see the way your body changes and how the scales creeps upward, but I'm so happy it's a little baby inside making the change. I'm getting anxious for her to come. I think 9 months is a long time to be prego, but I'm sure when she gets here I might be scared enough that I'd hope I could have a few extra weeks.
I know everyone pregnancy is different... for me I'm feeling lots of movement now. I've had a lot of heartburn and my back has been killing me. It's been very uncomfortable to sit for long ,which is too bad I have a desk job. I try to get up and walk around as much as possible to help. It also hurts when I sleep... enough to wake me up several times through out the night. Has anyone had this problem? I feel like I see pregnant people all over the place and they just sit in their chair with their hands resting on their tummies calm as can be. Me on the other hand... I'm constantly changing my position, sticking my arm behind my back for support, squirming, stretching, and trying to lean up as much as possible, just to relieve the pain. Sorry, I'm not trying to complain, I'm more using this post to track how I feel so I can remember later. I've also noticed it's been a little harder to breath. I wonder if my lungs are getting squished a bit. I put my temple dress on the other day and it took a good 10 minutes for me to get the zipper up. I was too embarrassed to ask for help (what if they wouldn't be able to get the zipper up?) I would have rented a dress had we time, but since we needed to be at a funeral later I thought I could just deal with it. I seriously could not take a full breath in it it was so tight. That combined with back pain from sitting in the chairs for so long made it rough. I think that's the last time I can wear my dress pregnant... I definitely will need to rent one. I deal with the back pain all day so I can handle a couple more hours, but don't think I can deal with both the pain and not being able to breath.

5 comments:

  1. Cute, cute. When I was pregnant w/ Clara and feeling huge, I remember looking at skinny people thinking I'd never be skinny ever again. But it's amazing how are bodies can return to {mostly} normal. Oh, and the not being able to breath? Yeah, at four months I started having a hard time breathing. I'm certain it's because I have a short torso so even the slightest growth smashes my lungs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really bad back pain during my pregnancies - the whole pregnancy. But I started going for a 30 minute walk everyday and it has almost completely alleviated my back pain! It is something to try. I hear you on the weight gain. I endlessly obsess over it the whole pregnancy!!! Just remember, though, that the weight you are gaining isn't the same kind of weight you would gain if you sat home eating twinkies all day. It will come off much easier once the baby is born. I gained 65 pounds with Emmett and it was all gone in 5 months. I had to diet and walk everyday but it was nothing too hard or strenuous. I was just impressed at how it wasn't that hard to lose. I think also a key is losing right away so that your body doesn't adjust to having it, if that makes sense. That was just my experience anyway. You would think that would help me not obsess over it this time but HA! Not a chance. I'm still obsessing. My second pregnancy has been much easier than my first- almost like my body had to get broken-in for the first. Hang in there! It will be over someday, you probably won't miss it much (I never did) and then you'll have a little baby!! Yay! And a new set of challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont worry, you look cute!! I actually went to the temple the day after my due date, could barely fit and even warmed all the workers I could deliver anytime. That would have been pretty cool, in the Oregon temple :) Congrats again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look great! You have a reason now...its the after baby tummy that'll get you, but its funny- i lost my baby weight faster with my twins than with pregnancy#2- 1 baby- i think just bc it was #2:)- and everything you said you have problems with - i've heard before- it's all normal:)- ah! the joys of being prego:)!! fun the feel the sweet thing kick & move inside u tho:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Heather, I laughed at this post. I could not wait to wear zippered pants again. I like the look of being pregnant but I hated the clothes. Both of my pregnancies were riddled with back pain. It was miserable going to church. Just hang in there. It could be worse. I had a condition that inflamed the cartilage in my pubic bone. Talk about agony, I could not put my pants on without screaming a little and sleeping on my side burned so bad that I would have to sleep sitting up or with an ice pack between my legs. You will make it!

    ReplyDelete