12.28.2010

Christmas 2010

Dear friends and family,

My dad wanted me to tell you about our last year since he was tired of writing it every year and Mom is still tired after giving birth to me. I complained that I just got here, but to no avail. He said, "You've got to pull your weight, even if you are just 7 pounds 12 ounces." How can you argue with that? For those of you that don't know me yet, my name is Molly Xarissa Williams. I know, kind of a weird middle name. Who has an X for one of their initials? I guess it was the name of Dad's Grandma.

I came into this world on November 30, 2010 after clinging on for dear life to Mom's placenta because I didn't want to share my birthday with another holiday. But Mom and Dad really wanted to see me, so they had me induced 5 days after my due date. I guess Thanksgiving in 2017, we'll just have to have birthday cake instead of pie.

One of the highlights of this year included going to see a comedy act by Brian Regen. I was really young and very small in Mom's tummy, but I heard a lot of people laughing and there was one joke that was particularly funny. He said that when you are an adult there are sentences that come out of your mouth that will only be said whey you have children. He told his son, "Don't try to balance the fruit juice between the table and you chest." I can't wait till I start drinking juice.

For the Forth of July, we went out to Roosevelt for the McEvers Family Reunion. Mom and Dad got to help out planning the Amazing Race McEvers style. They were in charge of a couple legs of the race including one where the contestants had to catch rubber chickens flung form a sling shot with large clown pants. The pants were about the size of Mom's maternity jeans during our last trimester. The next leg of the race they were in charge of, involved putting a bunch of ping pong balls in an empty Kleenex box tied to the player's waist, and shaking like crazy till they all came out. I really like this one cuz I got my shake on with Mom when she tried to beat Dad. I also loved Uncle Doug's secret BBQ sauce. I kept trying to tell Mom to keep sending it down the cord, but they ran out too quickly to get seconds.

One thing Mom and Dad wanted to do before I officially made my entrance into this mortal coil is to go to New York. I wish I could have seen the sights, but at least the food was delish. I got Mom and Dad premium seating at the David Letterman Show and we even got to see Paul Shaffer and the CBS Orchestra warm up. Okay, maybe I didn't get them in, but we did get premium seating because Mom was prego with me. It wouldn't be the first time I was used as an excuse for swag in the Big Apple. Every time Dad was thirsty, he would ask anyone, from the guy at the cafe to the woman at the pie shop, for an ice water fill up, in his water bottle, for Mom's baby bump (that would be me). What it comes down to is New York was a lot of fun, although Mom and I were really tired when we got home.

In New York, I got my first taste of Broadway when we went to West Side Story with Uncle Brent, who hosted our stay. There were some great costumes which inspired me to come up with our family Halloween costume. Of course, I had to be the star so I kicked Mom constantly until she agreed to be Juno. Although I wanted to be the star, I think Dads portrayal of Paulie Bleeker, with his John Stockton shorts and white legs out shined us all.

From all the Williams' we wish you a very merry Christmas and I look forward to meeting each and every one of you.
Happy Holidays,
Molly Xarissa Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment