1.19.2011

Guinness Has Some Company

Once there was a snowman, snowman, snowman - once there was a snowman, four feet tall. Last week, Heather, Molly, and I went up to Mountain Dell Golf Course for a chance to get into the Guinness Book of World Records. Clearlink, the company I work for, wanted to break a record for the most snowmen built in an hour. We were going for a thousand, which would get us in the record book. The one snowman I had built up to this point was at my Grandpa Williams' house in Spanish Fork when I was a young buck, and what we created was something more like a mudman. We used hoar frost for snow. A twig for the typical carrot nose. For eyes, gray rocks instead of black coal. Although not experienced with building snowman, I had a little experience with improvisation. In order to break the record, the snowmen had to be four-feet-tall, have a carrot nose, and black eyes. At our record-breaking attempt we improvised again by using Oreo cookies instead of coal. When we started, I got a little frustrated because I saw all these thirteen-year-old girls building bigger and better snowmen. At least I learned one thing about snowman building from these teenage girls - roll and pack, roll and pack. We ended up getting the hang of it, and by the end of the hour we helped build 1,279 snowmen. Molly is unofficially the youngest member of Guinness' elite club.
video

1 comment: