5.18.2011

Love at First Bite

Molly tasted her first real food last week, although the jury's still out on whether rice cereal is classified as real food.
Heather bought a couple frames at Pier One on clearance. She wanted a scuffed up look so she enlisted the help of some neighbor kids. The frames were originally brown, but she decided to paint them white. The neighbor kids helped by kicking and stepping on the frames after Heather primed and set them out to dry. We didn't catch them so we could "thank" them, but Heather re-primed the frames and they turned out great.
 Here you can see the details of the faux-antique look and a cute baby if I do say so myself (pay no attention to the ghost in the glass). 

6 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about rice cereal lately... since Hazel tries to grab just about everything I get near my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn neighbor kids! Molly looks darling in the pics and is she really big enough to eat food? That sure went fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly is darling! Way cute and so is your twice-painted picture frame. Maybe your neighbors will throw a dirty diaper over your fence soon….Oh wait, that was MY kids. Ooops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that she loves her cereal! It's all new and exciting from here. Maybe now that she's eating cereal she'll feel more full and sleep longer at night. I remember around 4mo and 6mo Lucy went through phases of waking up at night again, maybe because of growth spurts, but started sleeping better after we started giving her more food. Also, that picture of Molly in that frame is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. still the cutest baby ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. rice cereal is lame. so don't worry about molly not eating it! I didn't give it at all to my 2nd son, Casen! doesn't really consist of any nutritional value at all- it's plain yucky I can imagine and just helps the little ones learn how to eat with a spoon in my opinion. :) we went straight to sweet potatoes @ 6 months I think! I was kinda sad though when my 2nd started eating solids, bc that meant he didn't need just my milk anymore. Aghh, so bittersweet how fast everyday goes by during the 1st 12 months! eat her up! Oh and this is Jen Noble:) I just left a comment on the other post too incase you were wondering. .

    ReplyDelete