5.09.2012

Four's (not) a Crowd

Yep two lines = Pregnant! 

We're totally excited and can't wait for baby number 2. This pregnancy has been different than Molly's and the 12 weeks of pregnancy before our miscarriage. Instead of morning sickness in the morning everyday and fairly pleasant days/nights, I've had nausea practically all morning, day, and night. There's been lot's of throwing up, heartburn, and extreme tiredness. Poor Molly has learned to play independently while I sleep several extra hours each day. And Rob's learned not to expect a clean house or dinner to be waiting since I have major food aversions and can barely cook anything.
 I'm currently 13 and a half weeks and am relieved the terrible morning sickness is tapering off. 

 Here's my belly at the start; 6 weeks (so at the end I can see where I came from).

At 12 weeks, I've already grown much faster than I expected. I guess that happens the 2nd time around.

I went in for my first appointment at week 12. They did an ultra sound. It was so exciting to see the baby in my belly. At first the baby was face down and all I could see was the back and spine and then it turned. It was really comforting to see the baby moving and hear the heart beating.

12 comments:

  1. Yay!! This is such great news! Congratulations, you look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting. And I'm sure seeing/hearing a heartbeat was extra neat this time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look so cute, and i LOVE the ultrasound pic= sweet little baby!! glad everything is going well- hope you feel better soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you! Congratulations! Those are some great ultrasound pictures. Little babies are so sweet. Can't wait to talk to you more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! So excited for you. Don't worry, I grew really fast at first too but now I think I'm smaller than I was last time at 36 weeks. My pregnancies are a lot like this one. London definitely has learned to play by herself better:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Heather! That fist little utlrasound picture gave me chills...so amazing. I love looking at your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. COngrats! This is such great new! I'm so happy for you guys! Good luck with feeling gross all the time! Hopefully it wears off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Congratulations Heather and Rob! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very happy for you! So glad you heard the heartbeat. It's amazing just how much relief that brings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats! so exciting!! I hope you feel better soon:)

    ReplyDelete