2.23.2013

Finger Nailed

Recently, Heather and I have had issues with our family's nails. Heather had a hang nail, I had an in-grown toenail, Sophie's been scratching everybody, including herself, with her demon claws. Little did we know that these nail problems were a harbinger for the little incident that happened on Saturday morning. 
While at the pool, Molly was playing on a chair and it tipped over back towards the stucco wall. I saw her forehead smack against the wall, but when I picked her up, I saw something worse, her nail was barely hanging on. I felt bad because Heather had just painted them, Molly will have a big ole' bruise on her head which will imply that we are, at very least, negligent parents, and Heather's brother, who is a doctor, told us that the nail might not grow back the same as it was before. Oh, and Molly probably got a concussion, cried in pain (she actually stopped relatively fast), and had to wait enough for her stupid parents to take a picture. We really do care but we had to document this one.   
Molly fingernail 001
Molly fingernail 006
Molly fingernail 011
Molly fingernail 005

2 comments:

  1. That picture... the one with her nail completely off... almost made me vomit last night. I was so disturbed, I couldn't comment last night. Pretty sure I'd pass out in a heartbeat if that happened to my child. Way to stay strong and remember the camera. :)And, I know it's annoying when people say it could be worse, but it could. I know some people who's little girl fell backwards in a rocking chair and it chopped the tips of her fingers completely off (while she was with a babysitter).

    ReplyDelete