10.14.2013

Up Close and Personal

A few months ago, I picked up a really inexpensive extension tube to take macro shots with my current 50 mm lens.  Once I got it, it went straight in my camera bag where it sat and sat. I kept thinking I should pull it out and test it, but as the days passed, the kids kept me busy, and I just didn't know what I wanted to shoot super-duper close. When I received flowers on my birthday I thought, "This is it, I'm pulling out the tube." It took a few days before I actually had a chance to use it and thank goodness the fridge helped keep my flowers a little fresher a little longer each night that passed. Once I took a few shots of my fresh flowers, I moved on to my old, dried up, wedding bouquet (first few shots) which turned out to be my favorite that day.  Then I pulled out some rocks and little dried cholla, before little Sophie was up from a nap trying to (not) help her mama. 
Overall I have mixed feelings about the extension tube, but for a few bucks it will be a fun accessory in my camera collection.

1 comment: