2.16.2014

33 Years

Rob is 33! How did that happen? It was only 6 1/2 years ago that we married. Although it took 2 years of dating for me to make that choice, I'm so glad I chose him.  

Here are 33 things I love about Rob:
  1. Even though he cooks like he's on the TV show Chopped, he'll cook dinner whenever I don't want to.
  2. He always scoops the ice cream at our house.
  3. He does the dishes EVERY night.
  4. He has really strong teeth and never gets cavities. 
  5. He really only needs 5-6 hours of sleep to function well. (I need 8!)
  6. He always gets off the couch and gets me drinks, snacks, a scoop of ice cream... whatever I ask for, and he never complains.
  7. He changes all the poopy diapers when he's home.
  8. He can spell any word I ask him to spell.
  9. He always has time to read books to the kids and he does.
  10. He helps me fold and put away laundry.
  11. He's really easy going and never freaks out at any of my choices. (Even if I buy 5 pairs of jeans at H&M in one shopping trip.)
  12. He is witty. He can always make a play on words.
  13. When he's home, he's home. I sometimes forget that he's a student because I don't notice him studying much. He usually does that at school or after I've gone to bed.
  14. He's not too picky and easy to please.
  15. He loves his family and calls them often.
  16. He's pretty dang smart!
  17. He can do all the math I can't do in my head.
  18. He knows a lot about pop culture.
  19. He has really good taste in movies.
  20. He always proof reads for me. (Not this post though. Any mistakes here are all my own.)
  21. He always warms up my cold feet.
  22. He is an excellent listener; and he remembers what you tell him.
  23. He makes the best mashed potatoes! I won't even try anymore. His baked potatoes are excellent too. (I'd always let him make up my baked potatoes when we were dating and I still do now.)
  24. He's not a picky breakfast eater. All he wants is 2 bowls of Cheerios and some milk.
  25. He drives our car when ever we are together. I get to sit back, relax, and be a bit of a backseat driver.
  26. He's not shy.
  27. He's helpful when I need him to be.
  28. He's thorough when he cleans. I clean a lot, but I don't realize how much I miss until he cleans the same thing. 
  29. He NEVER complains. 
  30. He'll get up in the middle of the night with our kids.
  31. He'll wheel and deal for me. This comes in really handy when we go to yard sales. He does all my bargaining. 
  32. He's fun with the kids.
  33. I always go to bed when ever I'm ready, but if I'm up late he always wait for me before he goes to bed.
I love you Rob!

Molly and Sophie put together a little video just for you. Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is cute. And it's fun to see how many similarities Rob and Jason have. Of course there are a few that are not even close... math in his head, not needing much sleep and really strong teeth. Happy birthday Rob! I think you're great and am glad you're friends (and I'm glad you married Heather because she's awesome too :)).

    ReplyDelete