7.30.2014

24th of July in Utah

We had an awesome, jam-packed 24th of July! I don't think it could get any better. Rob prefered to do half of what we did, but I convinced him. We woke up early to do the Temple2Temple 5K. We started at the Provo Temple and walked with our 2 kids down to the Provo City Center Temple. I thought it was a little hot and muggy, super crowded, and a lot of fun! 
Molly really wanted to pose for my new Party Party app.
After showers and a mid-morning nap for Sophie, we headed down to the park for the Pioneer Day Extravaganza. This was also awesome. I wished we'd had more time. There was so much to do. We dressed up like pioneers, ate lunch from the food truck, played plinko at Chick-fil-A, made family tree hands, washed clothes by hand, shot water guns outside the saloon, wandered through a maze and picked up 'buffalo chips', went to jail, got a fancy braid in Molly's hair, toured the pioneer museum, and rode in a covered wagon. 
We then drove up to the Kamas Parade. I just love watching my kids at parades and seeing their excitement at candy raining down on them. Plus I love eating all the saltwater taffy that Molly thinks is flavored like toothpaste.   
That night some of my family was headed to the rodeo grounds for Bull Wars. Rob and Sophie were done for the day, but I wasn't. And Molly kept begging to go to the 'radio'. Ha. So Molly, me, and my family headed up to the radio, I mean rodeo. After the show, we sat back in the dark and watched the fireworks. It sure made up for the fireworks that we missed on the 4th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment