11.28.2014

Rob in NYC

A couple weeks ago I had my first work trip to the Big Apple. I thought it might be fun with some sight-seeing, maybe a show or two, and some great eats. Only the latter was true. I basically worked from 8 till near midnight some days. One thing that was kind of fun was that the office that I worked out of is in the middle of Times Square with some incredible views. People that work there said they hate it due to all the tourists with their eyes looking up rather than 30,000 other people sharing the same sidewalk. I left on a Monday and came back on Thursday, so it was relatively quick. The highlight of the trip was the different restaurants that we ate at. My favorite was Del Frisco's, where I enjoyed some of the best seafood I've ever eaten. We also had sushi, sushi, and more sushi at Haru. The guy that took me and my coworker out was impressed at what our bill was at considering the amount of sushi we put down. Then he remembered we were Mormon and our alcohol portion of the bill was nada. Coming home was a little crazy since we had a taxi picking us up to take us to the airport about an hour and half away from our work. That would be typically a hour and a half. But because of an accident and some crazy Thursday night traffic, it took two hours and 15 minutes. That gave us 45 minutes to check in, get through security, buy some Wendy's, and board at JFK, one of the busiest airports in the world. Luckily we made it just in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment