12.07.2014

Christmas Lights at Temple Square

This week, I've been extremely busy at work. I usually leave a little after 7 to catch the Front Runner and get home a little before six. I've been pushing that past seven on a lot of days this past week, plus working from home after we put the girls down, if I even saw them. So when I was offered really good Jazz tickets, I had to turn them down. Instead of going to the Jazz game, we decided to go up to see the Temple Square lights with the family. Heather would bring the kids up on the train and I would join her on my stop in Lehi. Heather got to the train station on time, but with kids in tow, and not knowing where the ticket booth is, she missed the train by seconds. This meant we had to wait an extra 30 minutes until the next train came. We finally met at the Lehi station and were on our way to SLC. The train was fun for the kids. I hope it was fun for the normal commuters as well as they got a little show of train novelty mixed with youthful exuberance. The train was also easy to get around as we transferred from the Salt Lake Central onto Trax, which led us right to Temple Square. We got a quick bite to eat and went to see the lights. It was extremely busy as double strollers and large families filled the sidewalks of Temple Square. We even saw a young couple, surrounded by family and friends, get engaged right in front of us. Since it was a little crazy and way past the kids bedtime, we didn't spend too much time at the lights. We got back on the train and made our way back home. 
The kids were so tired that they both fell asleep on the front stairs as we came through the door. Long day, but fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment