7.18.2015

4th of July

On the 3rd, Rob and I spent the afternoon 4-wheeling with my brother Cameron. We spent about an hour and a half going up the mountain toward Hoyt's Peak.
Once we got pretty close, Cameron and I hiked up to the top of the peak. We were at about 10,500 feet and were really feeling the effects of the altitude, but with several small breaks we made it to the peak.
It was beautiful, with lots of wild flowers growing along the way.
It was also really dusty since Rob and I followed behind my brother we spent most of our ride in a cloud of dust. You can see the dirt marks from Rob's glasses. I don't think I've been much happier to take a shower than I did once we got back.
That night someone worked their way into our bed. We never let Sophie sleep with us, since once she's in our bed she does not sleep. But she was exhausted enough and we were exhausted enough that we all slept despite three people in a full-sized bed.
On the 4th we went to the Oakley Parade. They switch the route this year and we happened to be at the end of the route, which was awful. My kids were jumping and waving and hoping for candy, but literately everyone was out. It was pretty anticlimactic for us all.
We spent the afternoon with family before we returned home. Once it got dark we sat out on our patio and watched all the fireworks across the valley. It was pretty spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment