8.04.2015

It's Time to Change Our Pin Number!


That's right baby 3 is on the way! Currently I'm 14 weeks a long and have worked really hard to get here. This pregnancy has been, by far, the hardest of them all. I found out I was pregnant a few days before my missed period and by week 4 morning sickness was settling in. Within the week my sickness was full blown and I was throwing up multiple times a day. And not just in the morning. I was sick and loosing my cookies at all times of the day and night. My energy was at a major low and I was just trying to do as little as possible to survive. At week 7, I was at my wits end when I'd thrown up 11 times in the day and had not actually digested a single thing in 30 so hours. I called to make a doctors appointment and found that my doctor was out of town and that I wouldn't be able to be seen till week 10. I was already taking Unisom at night to help with morning sickness and they suggested I also try B6. So I did. It helped take the edge off slightly. But I was looking forward to my doctors appointment.

At week 10 I saw my doctor. She gave me a prescription to help with my nausea and vomiting. Plus we were super excited to hear the baby's heart beat! After our appointment I went and picked up my new prescription. The doctor warned me it may make me a little drowsy, but that my body should get use to it. I must be super sensitive to this type of medication because it was just like taking a sleeping pill. It totally knocked me out and I think I ended up sleeping 5 hours, waking up to get ready for bed and sleeping the rest of the night. So I decided to try a half a pill the next day. I still couldn't keep my eyes open. I went down to a quarter of a pill and still wanted to sleep. So there was a catch. Feel sick and throw up all day or sleep. Sleep was a relief from being so sick, but it was hard for me to take care of the girls while being so tired and sleepy.

At about week 12-13 my sickness started easing up. I stopped with the prescription, but continue to take Unisom. My morning sickness is not totally gone. I still feel nauseated some and occasionally throw up but not usually more than once a day. Hallelujah! I'm getting a little more energy back and I'm hoping things will continue to get better and better.

Some interesting fact about this pregnancy:
  • I lost 7 lbs. from being sick.
  • I started loving things I don't normally love... like ice in my beverages, oranges, grapefruit, and soda.
  • I started having aversions to things I normally love... like sweets (except gummy bears), chocolate, ice cream, bacon, and crystal light. 
  • I wasn't able to cook food for several weeks and had to eat out a lot. 
  • I've made baked potatoes for breakfast multiple times... and lunch... and dinner.
  • My belly grew bigger and faster than with my other two pregnancy's
  • The smell of each room in my house is different and has bothered me a lot. I really hate the smell of our garage, pantry, and kitchen sink. Plus I don't like the smell of soap and deodorant. 
  • Brushing my teeth is hard. I cannot let the toothbrush touch my tongue and I have to really concentrate on not throwing up since that is exactly what it makes me want to do.

1 comment:

  1. I still love your method of announcement. So clever. Also, I'm sorry you were so sick and am glad you're feeling better. I can relate on many points!

    ReplyDelete