Las Vegas 2015

Like last year, Rob had a work conference in Las Vegas. When he went last year I drove down with the girls the day before he finished and we spent the evening there and left the next day for AZ. The little time we had there was fun and I'd wished we'd gone down earlier. So this year there was no breaking up the trip. Either we were going down for the full amount of time (6 days) or not going at all. We went for the full amount of time. I knew that we'd barely see Rob while we were there so I tried to plan out some fun activities to keep the girls and me entertained.

Day 1: Friday
We packed up the car and headed south. I'd checked out some books on CD to listen to (child friendly ones) so we started with Matilda. Sophie wasn't that interested so she watched a movie with my earphones instead. We made a stop in St George for lunch (KFC) and made pretty good time. 
We made it to Vegas at about 1:30 and checked into our hotel at the Aria. Immediately Rob took off for work. We still hadn't unpacked our things; we didn't have time to before Rob had to be at a meeting and Rob didn't want to leave it all to me, pregnant with two little kids. So we took in the view and...
... the girls spent a good hour and a half in the huge bath tub. The Aria doesn't have an indoor swimming pool, but our room bathtub made a pretty good one instead. I think the girls swam in it just about every day.
Eventually I couldn't wait any longer to get out and about so we started our trek to the car to bring in a few things, including our double stroller I was hoping to use. On our way there Rob called and said one of his meetings was cancelled and he was done for the day. He met us at the car and we loaded up the stroller with all our things. I didn't think we had that much stuff, but when our stroller looked like an overloaded rickshaw I decided otherwise. We weaved in and out of casino traffic as we trekked back to our hotel room. Rob was just glad no one he knew saw us and all our things.

Once we unloaded the stroller we headed out to the M&M store. Molly remembered it from last year and just couldn't wait to return. We watched the 3D movie there and picked a few M&M's to enjoy.
We stopped by the Coca Cola store and met the bear on our way to dinner at Outback Steakhouse. After, we wandered over the the Hershey Store before we headed back to the hotel.

Day 2: Saturday
We ordered room service for breakfast which cost an arm and a leg. We actually thought we'd ordered too much, but when it came it didn't even fill us all up.  
Rob's morning was free so he came with us on a tour of Ethel M's Chocolate Factory. It was less of a tour than I expected. We walked down a hall with windows and saw a person or two wrapping candy and it took us a total of 3 minutes. They gave us a little taste of chocolate when we entered the store after and that was it. Outside was a cactus garden that we walked through with was probably more interesting than the factory tour in my opinion.
Next we drove the Strip and stopped for lunch at In and Out. We headed back to the hotel where Rob went to work and the girls and I took a much needed nap.
That evening I took the girls to the Billagio to see the fountain show. We stayed and watched two shows.

Day 3: Sunday
We spent the morning in the hotel, until it was time for church at 11am. The girls and I went to the Tropicana Ward and picnicked at a park afterwards. Then headed back to the hotel and hung out for the rest of the evening.

Day 4: Monday
I brought my pregnancy pillow which is huge, but it was worth it for a more comfortable night and it also doubled as a comfy cocoon for the girls to snuggle in.
We had to wait in the hotel most mornings since places didn't open up till about 10-11am. So the girls watched cartoons, took swims in the bathtub and just hung out. At 10:30ish we headed to Circus Circus. I remember going to Circus Circus as a child so it was kind of nostalgic for me. We watched a few circus shows (clown, BMX, contortionist, and hula hooping) and played games. The kids loved it and I thought it was surprising fun. We got enough tickets from the games to get a little plastic toy pony. 
After Circus Circus we drove to Cafe Rio for lunch and then out to the Neon Signs Museum. Somehow I thought the museum was free, but it wasn't and it was so cold and windy we decided to go to the mall and walk around instead.

Day 5: Tuesday
The girls and I headed to Einsteins for some bagels for breakfast and then drove over to the Children's museum. We spent the whole morning and part of the afternoon playing and it was lots of fun for the girls.
After we headed back to the hotel to try and catch a nap before Rob returned and we headed to dinner and a Cirque Du Soleil show. It was definitely a highlight of our trip and we all enjoyed it.

Day 6: Wednesday
Wednesday was our travel day. We pack up our rickshaw stroller and headed out. We stopped at IHop for breakfast before the long journey. We finished listening to Matilda part of the way and then the rest of the trip felt like it took forever. We had dinner at Cafe Rio in Spanish Fork and got home around 7:30pm. It was a fun trip, but we were all kind of happy to be back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment