2.09.2016

January 2016 Happinings

January felt like such a long month, mostly because my due date with baby number 3 was at the end of the month and the days couldn't pass any faster.

We started the month off with my grandmother's funeral. You can read more about that day here.

There's nothing like a silhouette to see how big my belly and figure was getting. Here I am at 37 weeks.

We had a beautiful view out our window one day. The sky had lost the yucky haze and the clouds were billowing. It was beautiful.

I finally upgraded my camera to a full frame camera. I'd been wanting to for such a long time. Having baby on the way helped me take the leap since I really wanted a better camera to document with once baby arrived. It was pretty expensive. I'd been saving for such a long time and finally did it. It was exciting to get in the mail. Because I got a new camera, I had to get a new lens too. So my photography fund may be in the red, but I now have a great camera and lens to shoot with.

This was the first picture I took with my new camera. I didn't do anything special, just told Molly to look at me. I love my new camera.

Molly asked me to take her photo and came up with this shot all by herself. I love her creativity.

We went to a real theater to see Star Wars. It was exciting and the girls did a great job sitting through it.

It may not be the most flattering photo of me, but I love this photo for two reasons. The first being that I love to cuddle with my little Sophie. And secondly, Molly, who is only 5 years old, took this photo of us. She's got skills and it makes me proud.


We love craft day at the library and continue to go each week.

Molly waiting for her ride to pre-k.

Molly's always my stand in model to set exposure when I take self pictures of my belly. She's so cute!

Our friends had extra tickets to the Provo City Center Temple open house and gave them to us. We got a really great parking spot in the underground parking lot, but it put us entering in the exit instead of the entrance and we seriously walked back and forth trying to find the way to the entrance. Every volunteer worker sent us in a different direction and we were so confused. There were a ton of people there and they had all figured it out, so when we couldn't I was totally embarrassed.  
The temple was beautiful. Rob and I used to go to Stake Conference in the old tabernacle, so it's sentimental to us both.

I got a hair cut. A much needed one, but it turned out about 3 inches shorter than I was expecting. Eleven inches was cut off and I was able to donate it to Locks of Love.

39 weeks pregnant and my last week of pregnancy.

I was upstairs doing something and noticed it was pretty quite around our place. I check the security cam we have set up in the living room and found the girls huddled together watching a show on the iPad with all the pillows they could find.

On the 25th my sister came into town to stay with me for a couple of days in case I went into labor. Rob had some stuff happening, but I asked him to cancel just a few minute before Tiffany came. So Tiffany stayed and Rob was around too. The first afternoon we left the girls with Rob and went out for a pedicure. I was really hoping for a nice foot massage, but I don't know if the person giving me a massage was afraid to massage me, but it wasn't as nice as I'd hoped. The best part of it was the massage chair though. It felt amazing.
The next day we went to the library and then decided to kill some time at the mall. We walked around, shopped for a bit, and ate at Smash burger, before we headed home to gather my things for the hospital. I was going into labor.
We weren't admitted immediately to the hospital and spent some time walking the halls which did just enough to get me admitted. Here I am in the hall having a contraction.
You can read the full birth story here, but we had a baby boy at 11:20 pm and named him Nixon. It was amazing! We spent the next couple days in the hospital.
His bilirubin levels were high so he spent an entire day under lights and we waited till the last moment to check out of the hospital so he could get as much of the lights as possible.
We spent the last few days of the month taking Nixon to the hospital to get his bilirubin levels checked each day... and loving on him!
The girls have been really good with him. Molly loves to hold him and feed him pumped milk. She's a good little helper and both the girls are always giving him kisses and loves. It's been a pretty easy transition and no one's been jealous.  

Two of my sisters helped me get some clothes for our little baby boy. At 18 weeks I'd had the ultrasound tech write on a card what the gender was and mailed them to my sisters. A couple weeks before the due date they open them and went shopping for me. They got so many cute things! It was perfect and I wasn't stressed at all about having a boy. 

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that you got a new camera! :) and I can't wait to hear the birth story. :)

    ReplyDelete