3.01.2016

A Morning in my Life as a Mom


This morning I woke up at 8:45, snuggled up to Nixon, listening to his gurgly breathing. He has a little cold. I was amazed that Rob had showered and left for work without me even noticing. The girls were awake and kept coming in and out of my bedroom. I was annoyed at the sound of the door opening and closing, which was why I had woken up. I realized I had not gotten up at 5:30 to go to the gym even though I had good intentions to go when I was awake at 3:45 feeding, changing, and sucking out Nixon's nose.

I didn't want to get out of bed and wanted to cuddle with Nixon more so I reached for my phone with the flashlight still gleaming from when I was nursing Nixon in the middle of the night. I looked though my phone for a bit and started an Instagram post. A diaper needed changing so I left the post partially completed and changed Nixon's diaper. I used the NoseFrida to suck out the mucus from his nose and dressed him.

We climbed back into bed for Nixon to have breakfast. I finished my post and the girls climbed into bed with us. They decided to strip down to their undies and lay on their blankets until Sophie climbed onto Molly. It was so funny and cute I took a little video for Rob to watch later. The girls eventually left, but not to get dressed. They wandered around in their undies until Sophie called for me to wipe a poop. She had to wait a few minutes for me to finish up with Nixon before I could wipe her.

I then picked up all the toys and dirty clothes along my way to Sophie's room to get her dressed. I made my way to Molly's room doing the same. I got the girls ready and headed back to my room. I was hungry and thirsty, but wanted to do my weekly weigh in to see where I was 5 weeks postpartum before I ate or drank. I also wanted to shower and get ready. I hate being in pajamas. It was 10:30 and I still wasn't ready for the day or even had breakfast. Nixon started fussing and needed another diaper change. I changed him and rocked him. I decided I wanted to capture this moment (10:47 am) with him and reached for my phone, but decided to use my fancy camera instead. 

I took a few photos and got Nixon asleep. I showered, but not without explaining to Molly what a sketchbook was while in the shower. I was also bummed to realize there wasn't enough time to get Sophie to Wiggle Worm at the library. After I dressed and put on makeup, I decided to skip breakfast altogether. I connected my camera to the computer so my photos could upload while I headed down to the kitchen to make us all lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment