7.07.2016

2016 Vacation Part 4 Portland

We spent our first night in Portland at my sister's sister-in-law's house. They were out of town and were super nice to let us spend a night. We slept in their basement and when I woke up in the morning there was a patch of light coming in from a little window and shining right on our sleeping girls.
After we had some cereal for breakfast, we headed to Washington Park. Originally we wanted to go to the zoo first, but there was absolutely no parking by the zoo. So instead we decided to go to the rose garden first. I'm glad we did. It was beautiful and we missed the rain,
I took this photo of the girls and decided I wanted a picture of me with all my kids on this bench and let me tell you, this is how getting photos with little ones go most of the time. Just look at Molly!.. and Sophie was being less than cooperative. But with that being said, I still love this photo! It shows reality!
Eventually we managed to get a couple decent shots.
I don't know why I didn't take any photos of the flowers with my fancy camera, but I managed to snap a few on my phone.
Before we headed to the zoo we let the kids play at the park next to the gardens. It was a huge playground and the kids loved it. 
Once we made it to the zoo in the afternoon it was sprinkling. About a half hour in it was pouring. So it didn't make for the most pleasant zoo experience. 
After the zoo we headed to a Moroccan restaurant called Marrakesh. We'd skipped lunch and were excited to try this place. They served a 5 course meal and we ate everything with our bare hands! It was fun and really yummy. 
On our way to Marrakesh, once we parked, Molly was about to have a potty accident and so I'd sent Rob and her to find a bathroom quick. I told Sophie to stay with me while I got Nixon out of the car. In the process Sophie decided to follow Rob, unbeknownst to him, or me, and when I looked up I found Sophie casually crossing the street with a huge umbrella and the tram headed right for her! She was right on the tracks. I wasn't close enough to save her myself and she was almost across the street. It was closer for her to finish crossing so I was yelling to her to cross and to Rob who was over there to get Sophie before she was hit. He was stressed about Molly and couldn't actually see Sophie, and seemed a bit annoyed I was yelling at him. I was frantic thinking she was going to get hit! Well thankfully the person running the tram saw her and had slowed down and Sophie had just enough time to get out of the way before the tram passed. It was a scary few moments for me!

So after we'd all calmed down, and Molly found a restroom, we could sit down and enjoy our dinner. We all loved the food. We had traditional lentil soup, salad with hummus, b'stilla, bread, lamb and rice, and dessert. It was quite dark in the restaurant so I just got this one photo inside.
After dinner we drove out to Seaside which is right on the coast. It was a beautiful, rainy, tropical, drive! 

No comments:

Post a Comment